Members help to support the nonprofit Wenham Museum and receive free museum admission in addition to other benefits.Buy or Renew Your Membership Give a Gift Membership
Our most popular “Any 5” and “Any 8” membership levels now include discounted admission to over 100 children’s museums across the country!
Thank you for being a Member of the Wenham Museum! Our Members are important to us as you bring our museum to life with your enthusiastic visits. We have missed seeing you all since our closure on March 13, 2020. Members also provide an important form of support to the museum that is critical to maintaining our day-to-day operations, and for that, we also thank you.
Due to the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, we know that our Members were not able to use their visitation privileges at the Wenham Museum. The museum, like many cultural organizations, nonprofits, and for-profit businesses, has also suffered tremendous financial losses due to the pandemic. These losses includes more than 25% of our membership revenue for the year, which has resulted in a massive contraction of our already small staff. If revenue does not rebound, a small staff will result in reduced operating hours and fewer exhibits and programs for the community in the months ahead.
For these reasons, we urge every Member to help the museum by treating their portion of their unused membership as a donation to the Wenham Museum. Your donation amount can be approximated using the following listing:
Membership Level / Donation Amount per Month
Individual / $4.58
Sr. Individual / $4.17
Dual / $9.16
Sr. Dual / $7.92
Any 5 / $12.08
Any 8 / $16.25
For example, if your membership expired on April 13th, you could treat that one month of your membership as a donation to the museum. If you held an Any 5 membership, that is like making a donation of $12.08 to the museum.
We also recognize that not every household may be able to treat a portion of their membership as a donation. For this reason, we would also like to create an avenue for Members to extend their memberships by the time lost during our closure.
If you would like to have your membership extended, you must let us know by August 15, 2020 by completing the form located at: wenhammuseum.org/memberform. If you do not elect to extent your membership by August 15th, your selection will default to a donation. Memberships will be extended as follows:
- If your membership expired between March 13, 2020 and July 7, 2020, it will be extended by the number of days your membership was valid during that time. For example, if your membership expired on April 1, 2020, you would have 17 days added to your membership.
- If your membership was valid for the entirety of the museum’s closure (March 13 – July 7, 2020), you will have four (4) months added to your membership.
- If you would like to donate in part and extend in part, you may indicate that on the form.
- To conserve resources, an updated membership card with a new expiration date will not be issued to you unless you request one from us using the above-reference form. If you frequently use reciprocal visitation privileges, we recommend you request a new card.
Note: If your membership expired during the museum’s closure, it is expired. You may opt to have it extended per the terms outlined in this policy. Memberships at the Wenham Museum are not refundable for cash and they cannot be put on hold.
Members must complete this form by August 15, 2020 to have time added to your membership. If you do not elect to extend your membership by that date, your selection will default to a donation.
Revised: July 4, 2020
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Free general admission for one year
- Advance registration and discounts on programs
- E-Newsletter of upcoming events
- Invitations to members exhibit openings and other special events
- 10% discount in the Museum Shop
- “Any 5” and “Any 8” membership levels include discounted museum admission at over 200 children’s museums across the country as part of the Association of Children’s Museum’s Reciprocal Network.
- Discounts on children’s birthday parties and other museum rentals
- Free use of the research library
PUBLIC LIBRARY MEMBERS OF THE WENHAM MUSEUM
Beverly Public Library
Beverly Farms Public Library
Burnham Public Library (Essex, MA)
G.A.R. Memorial Library (West Newbury, MA)
Ipswich Public Library
Langley Adams Library (Groveland, MA)
Lucius Beebe Memorial Library (Wakefield, MA)
Lynnfield Public Library
Nahant Public Library
Reading Public Library
Rockport Public Library
Rowley Public Library
Salem Public Library
Library Members have reusable passes that give patrons fifty percent (50%) admission for up to four visitors. Restrictions may apply. Contact your local library for details and to coordinate library pass pick-up.
Public Libraries & Friends of Public Libraries: Sign up your library as a Library Member today!
GIVE THE GIFT OF MEMBERSHIP
Give all the Wenham Museum has to offer to a special child, family, or friend in your life.
To Purchase by Mail:
- Please download the Gift Membership Application >>
- Send to the Wenham Museum via e-mail
or mail to the Wenham Museum
ATTN: Membership, 132 Main Street, Wenham, MA 01984
JOIN OUR E-MAIL LIST!
Bring upcoming events and exhibitions directly to your inbox by sending us an e-mail. Wenham Museum does not share, sell or loan its membership information.