Please see below for our available employment opportunities.
Last Updated: March 16, 2021
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT (PART-TIME)
The Wenham Museum is looking to hire a Director of Development to manage and carry out the museum’s development program. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of raising funds for both annual giving and major giving programs with a heavy focus on in- person cultivation and solicitation of donors. There are three major development initiatives for this role over the next 24 months:
• Executing a major gift campaign to celebrate the museum’s 100 anniversary in 2022;
• Growing annual contributed support for the museum through a combination of annual giving, memberships, and sponsorships of exhibits and programs by individuals, businesses, and grants; and
• Develop a stewardship plan and program to better acknowledge and appreciate the museum’s loyal donor base.
This is a senior-level role that works closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Trustees to establish funding relationships and secure resources that support the museum’s mission and long-term strategic goals.
• Plan and execute an effective, comprehensive fundraising program aligned to the museum’s goals;
• Identify, cultivate and enhance funding relationships with individuals and families on the North Shore of Boston;
• Identify, cultivate and enhance funding relationships with foundation and corporate partners;
• Manage grants pipeline, including proposal and report preparation and oversight of freelance and/or part time grant-writers;
• Direct major gift solicitation activities;
• Oversee annual giving program; evaluate and improve annual fund drive events and activities to meet strategic goals for engagement and donations;
• Create a donor recognition plan that outlines processes for gift acknowledgement and identifies opportunities to enhance existing donor relationships;
• Coordinate with other staff to increase member giving and engagement;
• Collaborate with the Executive Director in preparing budget projections;
• Provide regular reports on fundraising performance for the Executive Director and the Board of Trustees;
• Provide financial oversight for the museum’s development activities, including budgeting, planning and expense tracking.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or other applicable field required; master’s degree preferred
• Demonstrated ability leading fundraising teams to reach specific goals and achieve objectives
• Proven track record in major gifts and in growing annual fund
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Excellent writing and presentation skills; grant-writing experience a plus
• Understanding of foundation and corporate philanthropic giving a plus
• Experience within a museum or cultural organization a plus
• Fluency with CRM software.
This is a part-time position reporting to the Executive Director. Hourly compensation is $22-$25, which is near the top of the museum’s pay scale.
About Wenham Museum
Wenham Museum celebrates childhood, interprets history, and explores culture for the enrichment of all generations in the greater North Shore community and beyond.
The Museum’s collection includes over 45,000 artifacts and welcomes approximately 35,000 visitors each year. The Museum is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover email, salary requirements, and relevant work samples via e-mail to Hiring Manager at email@example.com.