Join us this summer
Hiring for Summer 2023 is complete! Please check again next year!
Camp Whirlygig is excited to launch an all-new summer camp at the Wenham Museum in partnership with the Wenham Village Improvement Society (WVIS). Our counselors and staff are the heartbeat of our child-centered camp experience. We employ individuals who: love spending time with young children, are creative, imaginative and energetic, have a growth mindset, and can commit to the full camp season.
If you would like us to have your resume on file should we need to open up new positions, please email your resume to our camp director, Margaurita Spear, at email@example.com or you may submit an application on our camp-specific site to be considered for future opportunities.
2023 Dates of Employment
Staff Orientation: Mon. June 26 – Fri. June 30, 2023 (additional times may be required based on position)
Camp Whirlygig Day Camp Dates: Mon. – Fri., July 3rd – August 11th, 8:15 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. No camp on July 4th.
Extended Day opportunities are available but limited.
- Camp staff must commit to working all six weeks of camp.
- Camp staff must have high energy and want to grow professionally.
- Activity Directors must have proven experience in leading groups of children and documented experience in the activity area.
- Camp staff are at least 16 years of age (see position-specific requirements).
- Camp staff must attend a comprehensive staff orientation before camp begins to embrace the Camp Whirlygig core program and values and build a cohesive staff team who work in the best interest of the campers at all times. Orientation includes health and safety protocols, risk management, behavior management, intentional program design, emergency procedures, use of resources, care of equipment, and overall knowledge of camp procedures.
- A background check, including a Massachusetts CORI, SORI, and National Sex Offender Public Registry is required.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs.
- Preferred: CPR/First Aid/AED certification.
- Experience in a similar role preferred, but not required.
- Citizenship, residency or work visa.
- Develop and strengthen your skills while working in a collaborative environment.
- Experience the joy of seeing the world through the eyes of children.
- Competitive compensation (see each position for specific details).
- 5 staff shirts and 1 water bottle provided.
- Camp staff children attend camp at a reduced rate of 80% off tuition.
Camp Whirlygig is in regulatory compliance with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health regulations for recreational camps 105 CMR 430.00.