Part-time Visitor Services Associate
The Wenham Museum is seeking an individual to join our Visitor Services Team as a part-time Visitor Services Associate. This person will greet and assist museum visitors with a focus on providing exceptional, memorable guest experiences. The individual must enjoy interacting with the public, especially families and children. The Visitor Services Associate serves as the first point of contact upon arrival to the museum. This position will be the museum’s ambassador and as such, will keep abreast of, and be able to share important information about programs, exhibitions, and special events. The Visitor Services Associate should demonstrate knowledge of the museum and its collections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Admission, membership, shop, and event sales
- Operates Admissions and Shop register
- Answers the museum main line telephone in a friendly manner
- Assist in the stocking and inventory of the museum retail shop
- Administratively support bookings for birthday parties, private functions, and special events.
- Administratively support the Marketing, Membership, and Education Departments
- Provide general information to our visitors
- Retail and Customer Service experience necessary. Strong math skills preferred. Nonprofit public facing job experience a PLUS.
• Current college undergraduate or college graduate. BS/BA History, education or communications a PLUS.
• Ability to work unsupervised, and be part of a cross-functional team.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software. Knowledge of QuickBooks, Abila, PowerPoint, Adobe suite, Constant Contact, and Canva, a plus.
• A “can-do” attitude, initiative and willingness to perform additional duties as needed to accomplish the goals of Visitors Services and the Wenham Museum’s nonprofit mission.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required. Able to lift and carry 40lbs
• Work schedule would be 12-15 hours a week: one full day, and one half day a week, days to be determined, and weekend availability required
• Occasional evening work will be required, and availability to cover additional shifts as needed
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and list Visitor Services Associate Position Applicant, in the subject line of the email.